Social Worker at Magnolia
General Role of a School Social Worker
- Brief individual counseling for students around emotions, friendships, problem-solving, family, grief/loss, divorce, etc.
- Small groups to increase friendships, social skills, grief and loss support, divorce support
- Whole class lessons focused on social-emotional learning, bullying prevention, conflict management
- Connecting families to community and mental health resources
- Coordinating the school’s weekend food bags
- Collaborating with families, teachers, and other educators in various capacities
Contact our School Social Worker
Referrals and questions can be sent to the social worker by families, teachers, and administrators. Students can also self-refer.
Ms. Lauren, Magnolia Social Worker
If your family is in crisis and needing additional supports:
- Dial 2-1-1 or get more information about resources in your area
- Call Crisis Connections at 866-427-4747 to get immediate help for yourself or someone you know is in an emotional crisis
- SPS Mental Health Services